We offer our clients a comprehensive approach to anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism, starting from risk assessment, through support in preparing procedures and internal processes, to the control procedures undertaken by supervisory authorities. We are also aware how important it is to build relationships with clients, therefore the mechanisms that guide your day-to-day operations in identifying and verifying your own customers for AML / CFT purposes should be consistent with the nature, scale and type of business that you conduct and, most of all, should not inconvenience your customers. All Lawarton’s activities are driven by the belief that the AML/CFT solutions designed by us should not only comply with the applicable law, but also be consistent with the logic of your business.
For this reason, offering legal services of the highest quality would not be possible without the combined knowledge resulting from academic achievements and market experience, which is why our lawyers have prepared the following publications for you:
- ‘Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism. A Practical Guide’ (2018),
- ‘Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism. Commentary’ (2019),
- ‘Whistleblower Protection. A practical guide with templates for the public and private sectors’ (2021).
How can we help you?
As part of AML/CFT-related matters, we provide comprehensive support in the following areas:
- comprehensive advice on implementation and optimization of AML/CFT systems (procedures, instructions, agreements),
- advice on the implementation and operation of specific restrictive measures resulting from international sanctions imposed by the UN, EU or US,
- support in identifying and managing AML risks,
- conducting legal and compliance audits of AML/CFT systems,
- assistance in relations with financial supervisory authorities and in the area of financial information,
- participation or representation of obligated institutions in sanctioning proceedings,
- supporting obligated institutions during the control procedures of supervisory bodies,
- training with regard to statutory obligations of obligated institutions, market standards or requirements of supervisory authorities.
Examples of our lawyers’ achievements:
- We conducted numerous AML/CFT systems compliance audits with the AML Act and market practice (documentation, internal regulations, processes),
- We supported obligated institutions in proceedings before supervisory authorities indented to impose sanctions for violating the Act on Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism,
- We supported obligated institutions in their AML/CFT control procedures both in their duration and by drafting post-inspection reservations,
- We conducted several dozens of trainings on the AML Act, over 250 training hours in total,
- We prepared in excess of 100 legal opinions on AML/CFT regarding actual beneficiaries, location of the AML unit within the organizational structure, remote customer verification methods, outsourcing of AML duties,
- We provided comprehensive support for numerous commercial and cooperative banks, investment fund companies, brokerage houses, advisory and auditing companies in the process of implementing changes resulting from the AML Act and amendments thereto.