Attorney, certified international Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) in anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing.
Professionally, she has been involved in the financial sector for several years working for the largest banks in Poland, where she gained experience in the area of compliance in, among others, the Compliance Department and the Financial Crime Prevention Department.
Privately, she is interested in China’s economic development, Japanese culture and diplomacy. She enjoys playing squash, volleyball, horse riding and exploring the world whenever she can.
She specialises in financial crime, the establishment and implementation of client onboarding processes, the application of financial security measures, risk assessment, KYC principles, as well as in the area of international sanctions and payment services topics. She has led and participated in numerous projects related to the establishment, implementation and management of compliance processes.
Ewelina is well qualified in the establishment of a compliance operating model for obliged institutions as well as process implementation, internal regulation creation and implementation. She has worked closely with the business lines and therefore has an excellent understanding of their needs.
She participated in the development of standards for payment service providers as part of a working group at the UKNF, developed and commented on draft laws, including amendments to the Polish AML Act.
She has extensive experience in the implementation of EU regulations including the AML, PSD2 and RODO Directives, designing and implementing compliance processes and conducting internal audits.
She also participated in the work of the Legal Group at the Polish Development Fund as part of the implementation of the government’s Anti-Crisis Shield for entrepreneurs involving the banking sector.
She is a member of the Artificial Intelligence Working Group at the Chancellery of the Prime Minister, where she deals, among other things, with the analysis of the existing legal, regulatory and operational framework for the financial sector in the context of the use of artificial intelligence and the identification of barriers and gaps that may hinder the development of artificial intelligence in Poland, as well as the topic of the ethics of artificial intelligence.
Lecturer, speaker at international and Polish conferences on AML/CFT, application of artificial intelligence in compliance processes.
In addition, she develops training programmes and provides training in the area of AML/CFT and international sanctions.
- The Bar Association of Attorneys in Katowice – Attorney
- University of Silesia in Katowice, Faculty of Law and Administration
- University of Mannheim (Germany), Faculty of Law
- University of Wrocław, postgraduate studies: Economic and Commercial Law
- European School of Diplomacy in Warsaw, Polish Foreign Service
- Jagiellonian University in Cracow, School of German Law
- International Certificate CAMS – Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, The Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, United States of America
- The Bar Association of Attorneys in Katowice
- Polish Banks Association
- Compliance Practitioners Association
- The Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Working Group on Artificial Intelligence at the Chancellery of the Prime Minister
- Public Law and Compliance Section at the District Bar Council in Warsaw